Institutional Strengthening Project (ISP)
This project is the backbone of all projects under the POD because it supports the EMB in implementing its mandates. ISP has assisted the Philippine government to comply with
its commitments to the Montreal Protocol.
In general, the objectives of the ISP are: a) to provide continuing support to the operations and functions of the Philippine Ozone Desk; and b) to further enhance and broaden its capabilities to perform greater task in achieving the ODS phase-out schedule.
More specifically, ISP performs the following tasks:
- Implements the country program
- Designs and implements the law and financial measures to facilitate ODS phaseout
- Coordinates country activities
- Consults with industry and other relevant organizations
- Represents the country point of view in the MOP and all working groups and committees
- Organizes and presents awareness and training programs for industry and the public
- Implements the licensing system for monitoring and reporting national consumption
- Monitors of past and present investment and non-investment projects
- Creates a strategy and plan of action for future projects
The MLF has provided funds for the project since 1993.